1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick ideas needed for lesson not in music room this aft'!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mrs Music, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

Just found out I'm being re-roomed this afternoon, with my year 10 GCSE class. Any bright ideas for an interesting lesson in a normal classroom?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I just wondered how much they have done about Steve Reich or Minimalism - Clapping music etc.
    There are several PPTs in resources about minimalism. Perhaps with your minimal resources in an ordinary classroom you could set them a challenge!
    I posted some useful links in a previous thread:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/470213/6558723.aspx#6558723

Written work - write an article about music in your school to encourage the pupils in your feeder schools to take up the subject/an instrument.
    Posters - advertising posters for all of your ensemble groups to be displayed in the department on an Open Evening.
    Quiz - How many composers can they think of for each of the major periods of music? Play charades to guess the composer perhaps as a lesson ending.
    Get them to set questions in groups to quiz another group about the work you have covered recently. They'll go for hard questions no doubt - but of couse will get hard questions back!