1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick bread maker dough question

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumbleweed, Feb 2, 2019.

1. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

I know you experienced bread asker's can help me here.
    I'm using my bread maker on the dough setting so I can bake the bread in the oven. Do you knead it when it comes out before leaving it to rise?
    Thanks

2. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Pretty sure it’s ready to just shape and prove.

nomad likes this.
  3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Agreed.

The machine will combine the ingredients, knead the dough and give it its first rise, then beep to indicate that the dough is ready to shape.

At least, it has always worked for me. I just fold it and put it into the loaf pan for its second rise.

HelenREMfan and lapinrose like this.
  4. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Just shape it, leave to rise again and bake.

5. grumbleweed

Super, that's what I thought, but had complete mental block.

nomad likes this.
  6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Ooo this thread has inspired me to get my breadmaker out!

nomad likes this.
  7. grumbleweed

The bread which is multi seed flour is yummy. Is it just me that has to cut the crust off to try it almost immediately?

8. towncryer

towncryer Lead commenter

Same here...well I haven't got a bread maker to get out but it has inspired me to buy one.

nomad likes this.
  9. grumbleweed

Live the bread maker. Makes great jam in the autumn.
    But it goes away sometimes and then I start buying bread and have to get the routine back.

10. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Years ago I had a bread maker and loved it. Problem was I made a loaf every day and began piling on the pounds, so in the loft it went and I regained my normal size. However, I occasionally make a white loaf the traditional way and it is very satisfying. I daren't cave in and buy another bread maker!

11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Hmmm. Made a batch of olive and sun-dried tomato rolls. So delicious I could eat them all, with half a pound of butter on each. However, as my diet officially started today, I confined myself to... 2.
    *hangs head in shame*
    Diet definitely starts tomorrow.

12. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I love making bread, but I've only ever made it "by hand". Does it taste the same in a bread maker?