1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qui a volé les merguez?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by henriette, Feb 14, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

Somewhere in the dim and distant recesses of the mush that passes for my brain, I seem recall a good exercise for passé composé/imparfait called this.
    Can anyone enlighten me? Where can I find it?
    Thanks
    H

2. yasf

yasf New commenter

Metro 3 rouge?

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

That would make sense - my old school used to use that.
    I'll have to have another think as I don't have access to Metro these days.

4. More to the point - qui a mange toutes les tourtes? Which has really made me think - tourte I think rather than tarte. Certainly not tartelette, n'est-ce pas? would you include toutes? Should croute figure? Doesn't have the same ring about it, somehow. Is there a French equivalent? Years ago when the World Cup was held in FRance (I think, so long ago...) I did a matching game with loads of football phrases on. Chantez pendant que vous gagnez, c'est qui, l'idiot en noir, etc. Twas good fun.
    Henriette if you want me to copy the stuff and send you a hard copy just let me know.

x

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

oh, please gorgyu - that woudl be brilliant.
    Thanks
    H
    xx

7. Yes it is Metro. There one in Tricolore about Mr Corot and the cat who ate sardines (but it was the milkman who dropped the bottle on his head which was good for ER verbs.

8. yasf

yasf New commenter

there is also one in ET3 that does a similar job, but it takes a more sinister turn as a lady selling flags kidnapps a small child wearing a dinosaur t-shirt.
    a sign of the times, I guess . .