1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questions re application form

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Meimeihan, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Meimeihan

Meimeihan New commenter

Hi everyone, I have a couple queries about the application form which might seem silly but I just want to make sure I put down the right thing

There is a part which asks for 'further training' after the session of 'employment history', is this CPD? or is it something more substantial?

It also requires 3 referees, I know my current head is the first one and he is informed. Can the other two be my current HoD in the same school and the head from my previous school? Also do I need to email my previous head to ask the permission to list him as referee?

2. Meimeihan

Meimeihan New commenter

I have done an E.S. following advice here even though there isn't a person specification and I am not sure how to send it. There is no section for 'supporting info' in the application form and the letter of application is specifically limited to 1 sided A4. Any suggestions? The way the 'how to apply/what to submit' session is worded makes me feel anything other than they ask for would be received with annoyance

(sorry that there are two posts, I tried to edit the original but the six minute window expired when i finished)

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 Yes, put in there major CPD done

Q2 Yes

Q3 Yes

Q4 All you can do is make it the second page of the letter document, so it gets printed out. If they don't want it, they can ditch it.

Best wishes

4. Meimeihan

Meimeihan New commenter

Thank you Theo, I know I can always count on you for good advice. Now I am off to do the letter of application!
    Mei

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter