1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questions for Art teachers

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Charlyrose, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Charlyrose

Charlyrose New commenter

Hi, Are there any Art teachers using this forum who are embarking on teaching internationally or are already teaching overseas? I am just starting to explore the idea of teaching abroad and need some advice please. I have a (non- teaching) husband and 1 year old and 15 years of experience of teaching Art to Y 3-13 in the UK. I am secondary trained but have had 4 years experience of teaching Art in Primary schools as well. Does this mean I could apply for Elementary Art jobs? There seems to be a lot more of them than middle and High school positions available. So far I have just applied for Secondary level. If anyone can provide any advice on the above, experiences and recruitment advice please get in touch. Thank you!

2. sharon52

sharon52 New commenter

Hi I am an art teacher in Mexico I teach year 6 to yr 13
    I know there are many jobs out there.
    I am secondary trained but teach lower school too and yes you can apply Its better that a teacher is trained in the subject.
    Please ask for any help and advice

3. karel

karel Occasional commenter

It could depend on the size of the school. In my school we have 3 Art teachers, one in Elementary School, one in High School and one that works in both Middle School and High School.

4. charly_needham

charly_needham New commenter

Hello! Thanks for the reply to my post. I have emailed you.

5. charly_needham

charly_needham New commenter

Thanks Karel, I am hoping my experience with the lower years would count as I am secondary trained.