1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questions for a family quiz

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

So far, I have a music round, a film round, a round of 'are you smarter than a 10 year old' questions and a round on the local area. Planning on doing a kids only round, stuck for questions to that one already! Does anyone have any good ideas for round themes or questions?
    Thanks
    Milky

2. Milkandchalk

So far, I have a music round, a film round, a round of 'are you smarter than a 10 year old' questions and a round on the local area. Planning on doing a kids only round, stuck for questions to that one already! Does anyone have any good ideas for round themes or questions?
    Thanks
    Milky

3. cartoon characters?

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Something like "Girls names" where the answes are all girls names, but the questions are just general knowledge.

5. Food and drink always go down well as does anything TV related (programmes or adverts).
    I once did one that was called Elementary Dear watson which everyone presumed would be a Sherlock Holmes round so lots played jokers on it but it was all about chemical elements. Very clever but quite tricky. Luckily we had a chemistry teacher on our team.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A geographical music round where all the songs have place names in them?

A Maths round where the numbers are dates or other well known numbers, for example 'The year the Titanic sank, minus the number of disciples'

We ran a PTA Quiz once where we had a round called '****, Bums and Willies'. All the questions involved the offending words but in a polite context. The final question was 'If the National Anthem was sung with bums and titties, and the first line went "bum titty bum bum bum", how many bums and titties would there be in the first verse?' We gave every team a point for that one because watching them working out the answer was so amusing.

For some reason we were never invited to do another PTA quiz after that one ;-)

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Another nice trick is to leave a dish with ten different flavours of crisps in them on the table at the start. Everyone scoffs the crisps before the quiz without thinking, then Round One is 'List the flavours of the crisps'.

8. Milkandchalk

Thanks for the ideas. Quiz now complete. Ticked off my to do list. Now to go and buy milk

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Food and drink
    This day in history (there are websites) Use the day of the quiz
    Quotations
    Sport
    Cover versions of songs (you want the original artists)
    Disney (this could be music, pictures, characters or just general)
    Photos
    Landmarks (name the city etc)
    Company logos (do you recognise thwe Renault badge)
    Music from adverts (play the tune name the product) (again there are websites)
    Capital cities
    Seas and oceans
    Countries with borders (eg name all the countries that border switzwerland)

10. Bit of a late addition to quiz ideas....I had an early night last night...
    I used to include a 'What TV are we missing by doing this quiz?'....round.
    And put a lump of play-dough or plasticine on the table. Every round you give instructions for someone to make a model which is worth up to 5 points, whilst the others answer the quiz questions.....you state who gets to make the model...'oldest person to make a Spongebob Squarepants'....'nearest to 13 years old to make a bunch of celery'....and at Christmas I asked for 'a partridge in a pear tree'

11. oh yes, i like that idea - i will use that in future

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Family history round.
    Past holidays/dead relatives etc.

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think they meant a quiz suitable for families not a quiz for his/her family!