1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questions - At the visit or interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by shadowkitten, Oct 8, 2018.

1. shadowkitten

shadowkitten New commenter

In a couple of days I'm doing a tour of a school that I'm planning to apply for a leadership job at (assuming I don't see anything to change my mind at the visit) and I have so many questions that I want to ask the school but I don't want to come across as being too full on at the school visit. The school was rated as RI by Ofsted 2 weeks ago so I want to be clear about the situation I'd be walking into if I'm hired.

Questions like what schemes of work have you introduced and how are you finding them (schemes are mentioned in Ofsted report), what improvement plans do you have in place, what is staff morale like after the RI grade, how do you hold your leaders to account etc. Would you consider these questions appropriate for a tour or should I wait until the interview?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Personally I'd wait till the interview for actual questions, though I'd be looking for clues to the answers during the visit.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

These are the sort of questions usually best left to the interview but a lot depends upon the arrangements for the visit. Sometimes you are in a group guided tour so there is no chance to ask specific questions. However if you do get a personal tour then you can raise the issues.
    In the past I have found better resources and planning in RI schools - however a lot will depend on the budget and the school management- check out who has left after the Ofsted.

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.