1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questionnaire; Web 2.0 in the classroom!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by MrTurnip, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Dear Fellow Teaching professionals,

I am writing to you guys mid-dissertation to ask for your opinions and experiences in both using Web 2.0 tools like facebook and twitter both personally, and whether or not you've attempted to try them incorporating them into the classroom.

The questionnaire can be downloaded here; http://www.scribd.com/doc/88864099/Web-2-0-Teacher-Questionnaire

It is probably best to save it as a .doc file to allow you to complete it in MS Word. Once completed, can you email the finished questionnaire to gregg173@hotmail.com.

I can't put into words how much I appreciate the time you give up, be it 30 seconds or 5 minutes.

I truely thank you all in advance!

Kind Regards,
    Gregg

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Don't use them in class nor personally. In fact use of them probably breaks the rules in many authorities

3. Thanks, I value your opinion and stance on the issue!

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Yes I use many tools, see them as part of my general toolkit!
    Twitter personally - not in class. TES is using Twitter.
    I have a Moodle course for every year group ay school (Maths). For class collabrative work I find something like Wikispaces better.
    Personal favourites here (and thats WordPress - why single out Blogger?) which I created for staff at my school and a student version here.

5. Awesome! I had a look at all your information! Web 2.0 seems to be a great passion of yours!

Do you think it will ever replace the typical classroom practices worldwide?

For me, I think its great as its more accessible and 'current' and pupils appreciate work being pitched at their level.

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Replace - nope!
    As I said just part of the general toolkit - giving me loads of choice.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing can ever replace good teaching.