1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questioning 'support' plan

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by MOrdidge, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Recently been observed by a HMI that was invited in by the school. As a result the quality of teaching was 'inadequate' which I don't dispute.
    What I am concerned about is what the school have put in place as a result under the guise of a 'support' plan.
    They've given me a mentor and opportunities to observe other teachers across the school, which is good for helping me develop professionally.
    But they've also informed me that they are going to do 'drop-ins' of 20 minutes and make a judgement against the quality of learning, with no prior notice.
    I know the school have done this to other teachers previously after they had been observed twice as 'inadequate'. I have also been observed 4 previous times this year, as satisfactory, good, satisfactory and outstanding, for my previous observation.
    I'd like to know if this is happening anywhere else and should I be getting my union involved? The school is an academy btw.