1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Questionaires

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DanBaldwin, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hello all,

I'm currently working on a project aiming to increase communication between teachers, parents and primary children.

The idea will hopefully become a web portal for use by all parties and will potentially encompass a single port of call for homework completion so that both parents and teachers can easily track the progress of children.

Obviously, this project will only work if we manage to integrate it smoothly into the workflow of primary teachers.

I was wondering what the policy is on this forum for posting links to external questionnaires and if it is allowed, would you mind taking 5 minutes to fill one in? This is really important as I think that with enough input we can really make a tool that will help parents teachers and children potentially world wide.

Thanks for your input

2. Hello all,

I'm currently working on a project aiming to increase communication between teachers, parents and primary children.

The idea will hopefully become a web portal for use by all parties and will potentially encompass a single port of call for homework completion so that both parents and teachers can easily track the progress of children.

Obviously, this project will only work if we manage to integrate it smoothly into the workflow of primary teachers.

I was wondering what the policy is on this forum for posting links to external questionnaires and if it is allowed, would you mind taking 5 minutes to fill one in? This is really important as I think that with enough input we can really make a tool that will help parents teachers and children potentially world wide.

Thanks for your input

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

People often post survey links, and other people often complete them.
    However, I can say - without filling in a survey - that what you're proposing sounds to me like things which are already very much in existence, and just don't get used much or well.
    For a start, I have no intention of recording electronically anything about every single homework I set. Moreover, I don't want to be sharing that level of detail with parents, and I honestly don't think that most parents are interested in it either.
    Software like SIMs now includes options for parents to be able to log on and see certain information about their children based on existing data and information. What would your system add?

4. springy

springy New commenter

I think Tafkam is right. Our VLE does this for us. We also have 'School Pupil Tracker' where parents can log on to see just what levels their children are achieving. We are just about to invest in an online reading book package. However, I am still quite happy to fill in a questionnaire.