1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by dodie102, Oct 21, 2015.

1. dodie102

dodie102 Occasional commenter

Hello All,

A colleague has revealed to me recently that they will not be putting themselves forward for an internal promotion as it has been made clear to them that if they are successful their departmental colleague (and other candidate) will make their life very difficult. This person does have form for this. I am unsure whether to tell the Head this as I think this will have a detrimental impact on the school as they have so much to offer and are an excellent practitioner.

Should I mention this briefly to the Head or wind my neck in? My instinct is to leave well alone...

Thank you for any wisdom on this matter.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't you think that the Head will already know about the difficult colleague/candidate and perhaps ask the other one why there is no application?

Best wishes

3. Schoolcoachguru

Schoolcoachguru New commenter

I imagine most Heads would want to be aware of bullying and intimidation that's happening in their school so that they can take action against it