1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question: What could Trump say or tweet that would lose the support of his base?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Jul 16, 2019.

1. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

I don't think that is part of the Ts&Cs
    upload_2019-7-17_11-46-25.png

I'm happy to let mods adjudicate and accept their decision.

2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Here is a direct quote from the TES House Rules:
    4. Misrepresentation: During a debate, it can be frustrating for users to appear to be misrepresented. When using the ‘quote’ function, please refrain from changing anything within the quoted text. When bolding or italicising cannot be avoided, please note in square brackets beneath that it was your addition.

So you have changed the nuance of my text by omitting parts of it. I have asked you not to do this. Why is this a problem for you?

3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Nobody does this. Including all the shouty ones I now ignore. I assume you can just report it if you feel someone has broken T&Cs. But this is the nature of those who dwelleth beneath bridges. I did not know this was in the T&Cs to be honest, and I have looked at them on occasion before reporting someone.

4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

The bit about Corbyn was irrelevant to my response. I am far from unique in quoting a part message when replying

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

'Offence' isn't given, its chosen. I'm offended by stuff all the time. I just choose not to go on too much about how offended I am because I don't want to be the sort of person who enjoys going on too much about how offended they are by stuff.

6. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

By only including part of what I said you changed the nuance of my post. I object to that. You could of course have dealt with this by saying "Sorry no offence intended"..... you know something of that kind. Your manner is abrasive and needlessly confrontational.

7. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I believe Trump's racism, his misogyny, his contempt for a free press to be, not merely objects of irritation to point out, but fundamental wrongs that need to be called out, each and every time. Trump dog whistles constantly, sending out messages and coded signals to his base. Those messages are pretty much white nationalism, that if you're not white you're not American, if you're a liberal you're not American. Tiresome though it might be, these foul messages must be identified, called out and revealed for what they are.

LunaBlue123 likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

What a load of guff!

No point explaining it to you... but such a load of unadulterated tosh....

lexus300 and artboyusa like this.
  9. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Lead commenter

Excellent post!

Well-said.

LunaBlue123 and Orkrider2 like this.
  10. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Messages and coded signals"? What, like Batman?
    About time things finally got interesting around here...
    upload_2019-7-17_17-38-36.jpeg

Attached Files:

11. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Trumps tweets seem to show that we've on moved from post truth to post shame. From dog whistle to loudspeaker.

LunaBlue123 likes this.
  12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It is odd that the 'Media' only ever report the other sides arguments where Trump is concerned.
    Just for balance:

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Criticising people in very high political office who continually complain about the country they live in by insinuation of white racism seems to be Trumps reason for telling them that they are free to leave if the USA is not good enough for them. Racism comes from a variety of people, not just white skinned people and it is about time that type of racism was called out IMO.

artboyusa likes this.