1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question re strike action

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by loobylou123, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Hi
    Just wondered if anyone can give me some information.
    According to SSTA website:
    "Your employer will inform the Head Teacher of the number of employees taking action on that day. There is no need for any member to inform their line manager, or to add to the information provided by the Association."
    Does this mean that I won't be expected to advise school whether I intend to go on strike or be asked of my intentions?
    Just want to get straight in my head what procedure is - no rep in school to ask.
    Thanks

2. Our HT has requested that we inform SMT (strictly as a courtesy and to allow planning) whether or not we intend to strike. I assume this is partly because there are staff who have indicated in staffroom chat that they will definitely not be striking.
    TBH I have no problem with indicating this and would (as suggested) see it as only courtesy. SMT have made it very clear that any member of staff who wishes to strike will be supported in that decision - as will any member who chooses not to.