1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question/prompt cards to aid children's activities

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LauraJeanD, Mar 4, 2012.

1. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Not advice about challenges but advice about how you give them. I've found that written challenge cards don't work as the children couldn't read them. Picture clues help but I found I was still going round all the areas reminding them of the challenges. I bought some talking tins:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=talking+tins&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=9510160265&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10000782362126588351&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_3nq71rdlcs_e

You can record your challenges and the kids can press the button to hear what the challenge is. They seem to love this and are very keen to take on the challenges

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Will your children be able to read the cards?

3. we too had a similar "issue" that our LEA advisor pulled us up on. There is not much point
    of writing cue cards as they cannot read them. We bought speech bubbles and
    talking cards that we record the instructions and as they are wipeclean, we also write what has been recorded. We do not do this for all the activities but only for ones that we typically need more evidence for profiles for.

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I use 'Talking tins' to record challenges like this.