1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question for retired early years / KS1 teachers

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by gymjack, Jul 8, 2015.

1. gymjack

gymjack New commenter

I need your help. I'm trying to track down a picture book I vaguely remember but can't recall the title of. It was a fairy tale genre but the distinctive thing about the story were the 7 palaces the characters visited each made out of a different material eg glass, china, silver etc. I know this is a long shot and not much information to go on but it might jog someone's memory. Thanks.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Sorry - not ringing any bells.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Me neither.

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

There is one about a princess that is kidnapped by wicked wizard and made to clean dishes, mend socks, so on so forth until she sabotages his book of magic spells by turning herself into a piece of paper.

i can do the wicked wizard voice for you, if you like?

5. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I could tell you the story better except that, me and my kids, we were more interested in doing the wicked wizard evil cackles, and maybe were not paying attention to other literary elements such as plot, character, and setting.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

What no layered targets Nelly! Shame on you! ;)

7. gymjack

gymjack New commenter

Your lessons sounded like fun Nelly. No help finding my 7 palaces though :-(