1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question for phie or anyone with relatives in Auz

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Nov 21, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I would like to buy something for my neice and hubby (sent great niece her prezzie ages ago) via the internet. I know about The Book Depository and itunes vouchers but are there any other websites I could use? Or are there any stores in the Adelaide area who accept payment from the UK in sterling?

2. kareneliot

kareneliot Occasional commenter

If you pay online your card will be debited in AUD converted to GBP. We have bought flowers and gifts from various (forgotten) Australian stores. Google the sort of thing you are looking for ( even put adelaide in the search) but constrain your search to the domain .com.au to get only Australian websites.

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Thanks - I have bought flowers before and searched for local florist etc which worked out fine but quite honestly I'm not really sure what I want to buy them!!! Was hoping to search through a department/online store kind of place to get inspiration etc.

4. I've never found a satisfactory answer to this one- amazon.com (theUS site!) delivered some stuff to Australia cheaper than amazon.co.uk when I checked last Christmas

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

We've just moved to Aus and have ordered a few house bits online from Everten and KitchenwareDirect. The internet shopping just doesn't seems as big here at all! In terms of department stores there are Myer and David Jones (only two I know so far) but their online sites are pretty poor.
    Ordered some bits off Amazon.co.uk though and was here in 3 days! [​IMG] Also once the UK tax was deducted the shipping didn't feel too bad at all. Some stuff won't be allowed but you when you try to check out it will say what can and can't be shipped.
    Just shout if I can help at all. x