1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Middlemarch

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by greta444, Apr 17, 2012.

1. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Hi, you always give good and straightforward advice, I have a quick question:
    What is the criteria to enable me to move onto UPS2? Is it two successful performance management cycles or is there more discretion allowed from the head teacher?
    Thank you, Greta

2. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

I'm not middlemarch, but can give an answer.... Moving to ups not only involves 2 satisfactory PM reviews but a good overall performance during those years as well. You also need to be continuing to meet the post threshold standards as well. So basically:

- 2 satisfactory pm reviews
    - good overall performance in addition
    - meeting post threshold standards

Hope this helps and hope MM doesn't mind!

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Thank you for your reply. I guess MM is pretty busy this week. So the satisfactory PM cycles (as well as good performance) are an absolute must? Sorry to be pedantic but need to make absolutely sure.
    Thanks again.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Sorry about that! I've been one of the victims this week of the troll who keeps locking out various TES posters' accounts and so have been on only sporadically.

Yes, as has already been said by mickey, the 2 PM cycles are an absolute must, plus meeting the post-threshold standards and good overall performance. I'm guessing it's not your performance we're talking about here...?

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

No, my performance is good. It's the unacheivable (and out of my control) PM targets I have been given that have been deemed failed. Shouldn't have accepted the targets in the first place.

6. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Forgot to say - thank you MM