1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Eco-Schools leaders about joining it!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Massey118, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Our school is aiming to work toward getting an Eco-Schools cert. I am just setting this up now and I am going to put a committee together.
    For anyone who leads this?
    Do you have children from each class in the committee? What did you do when starting this? As you work towards getting the certificate do you have to upload plans and resources or is it a matter of just recording everything you do and keeping it in a folder?

Any other advice would be great.
    Thanks

2. Our school is aiming to work toward getting an Eco-Schools cert. I am just setting this up now and I am going to put a committee together.
    For anyone who leads this?
    Do you have children from each class in the committee? What did you do when starting this? As you work towards getting the certificate do you have to upload plans and resources or is it a matter of just recording everything you do and keeping it in a folder?

Any other advice would be great.
    Thanks

3. porker

porker New commenter

Go to the eco schools website and download their environmental review. Start with that and then create your action plan to address some of the gaps. We have 2 children from each class on our eco committee. You do need to keep evidence, incluiding minutes of eco meetings, but the advice on the website is self explanatory.
    Have fun!

4. We use Teachshare to support our Eco Schools and ESD work. It is free and really easy to use and contains links to loads of useful resources. We have also upgraded and this provided us with a tick box tool that makes it easier to integrate other teachers with our Eco Schools work. We now also save a lot of our supporting evidence here where it can be easily accessed by all of us. It should also be useful for our next Ofsted, so has a few different uses. Definitely worth a look at.