1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question about writing/updating a supply CV.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Ronson, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

While I'm looking for a full time position, I'm currently working as a supply teacher and am looking to create a CV that reflects my supply work to date that can be passed around by the agency. I've made a start and have got to the bit where I list my employment history. However, I'm not sure what kind of things to put in the bit where I mention duties/accomplishments.

I've mentioned some of the things I've done, such as having used ICT to enhance a cross-curricular lesson I taught. But how much detail do I need to go into as to the duties? One website I looked at suggests using the following format, for teach previous block of experience or job -

? Teaching all areas of the curriculum

? Classroom management / behaviour management

? Planning and preparation of children?s work

? Assessment / marking / report writing

That all seems rather generic, though - if I'm saying that I was taking on a great deal of the role of a primary school teacher, surely stuff like that would be taken for granted as being part of the QTS standards? Has anyone got any tips? I know that full time jobs generally require a personal statement, but this is for a CV.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Ronson - apologies in advance for typos. I am on a tablet that auto corrects and changes what I type. At least I can manage to force paragraphs! I think that you should emphasise your personal attributes. Flexibility - can teach different years and subjects. Co-operation and teamwork. Self reliance and full of initiative. The sort of thing that makes you a good colleague. Best wishes Posted from my Galaxy Tab