1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question About Pay...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Lilybett, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I aren't in it for the money - I just want to know...
    I began an LSA post on 5th Sep, so I got paid on 15th Sep and Oct. I just (yesterday!) got my first teaching post (yay!). It is all very weird, really. The teaching post is due to start right after half-term, on 31st October. As far as I know, my current school are just going to let me go without serving my 4-week notice period. I really bloody hope they stay true to their word, now, as I've only gone and accepted it! Anyway, this isn't the point!
    If I start my NQT post on 31st October, will I get my first teacher's wage (yay!) on 15th November? This seems a VERY quick turnaround! Both schools are in the same LEA, I'm hoping that will help. Is there any reason I should worry about getting paid on 15th November?
    Thanks xx

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It depends whether the LA pay all their monthly paid staff on the 15th or whether it's just done for support staff.
    The quickest way to find out is to ring your LA salaries department.
    In my LA teachers are paid on the last day of each month but I don't know when they pay TAs and LSAs

3. Hiya, Jubilee. Thanks for replying. Actually, at the school were I'm LSA-ing, I'm not sure whether teaching staff do get paid on the 15th, as well. It's not so much the 15th that matters (I wasn't clear at all, sorry) - I mean: whenever teacher's payday in November is, can I expect to get my first wage then?
    I dunno, it just seems so fast! Too good to be true!? xx

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

As long as your paperwork has gone in you should be paid at some point in your first month as a teacher.
    It's supply teachers who have to wait another month for their first LA pay.

5. I love the public sector. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Thank you again. xx