1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Mat pay. Due Oct.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by genic, Mar 26, 2011.

1. So sorry if this has been asked before I did a search but couldn't find any info.
    I am due Oct 19th. Was going to work until middle of Sept but then had a thought. I am plannig on taking the full year so would return to work Sept 2012.
    My thought was could I start my mat leave in July at the end of term. So....then return to work for the last week of term in July 2012 and then get paid proper pay for that summer holiday?
    Hope that makes sense!!

2. So sorry if this has been asked before I did a search but couldn't find any info.
    I am due Oct 19th. Was going to work until middle of Sept but then had a thought. I am plannig on taking the full year so would return to work Sept 2012.
    My thought was could I start my mat leave in July at the end of term. So....then return to work for the last week of term in July 2012 and then get paid proper pay for that summer holiday?
    Hope that makes sense!!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You can return to work on the first day of the holidays and get full pay.

4. To work the system in your favour you can officially start ML the first day or term in September 2011 and then return to work on the first day of the summer holidays 2012... so you 58 weeks off from work but being full paid for both summer holidays... hope that makes sense [​IMG]

5. Thanks folks!! I think that is what we are going to do - good advice[​IMG]

6. Excellent timing!!! In essence, I will be off work for 3 months before my baby is born - RESULT!!

7. Hello! Loving the 'smugness' of playing the system to your advantage! Both summer holidays full pay but not having worked for a year= bonus! I am due 2nd Oct and plan to begin mat leave on 5th Sept! So happy with how well the timing has worked out! Dont u just feel like its going you way for once in this profession! x

8. And don't we bloody deserve it!! I had a male member of staff moaning about people coming back first day of the hols, starting mat leave first day of the term etc. in in the staffroom- got quite heated let me tell you! Soooo lucky though x