1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Question about AWR

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by sparrow45, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I have taken on a post covering as a nursery nurse in reception which takes me up til Easter.I took the job because of the regular weekly payment and I am really missing not working with children.If the school wanted me to stay on after Easter til the end of term, would I qualify for the 12 week ruling and what would the benefit be to me? Would I get paid holiday money even if say I was not returning in September? I don't think I would ,I don't think I have understood it right, thanks[​IMG]
    Edited to add, I started last week but had Friday off as my son had an Inset day so know it would not stert from then.

2. Sorry, tried to edit the last start[​IMG] ran out of time.

3. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

It doesn't matter if you had 1 day off or 4. ONE day in each week counts as week 1. After 12 weeks (on week 13) you would qualify for AWR. School holidays do not count as a break either... a break has to be 6 weeks without 1 day in that particular school.

4. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter