1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quentin Blake ideas KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by devilsangel100, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm currently planning for literacy and next week we are focusing on an author (we normally follow the Literacy Strategy units) and we are going to focus on Quentin Blake. I have several of his books here but am not feeling very inspired, has anyone used his books before with a LKS2 class? If so, what sort of activities did you do (and inspired by which book)?
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    I'm currently planning for literacy and next week we are focusing on an author (we normally follow the Literacy Strategy units) and we are going to focus on Quentin Blake. I have several of his books here but am not feeling very inspired, has anyone used his books before with a LKS2 class? If so, what sort of activities did you do (and inspired by which book)?
    Thanks

3. My class last year wrote letters to him and he wrote back which they thought was wonderful. They also made comparisons between the books. There is an information book about Quentin Blake, so we read that.