1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quatar job query

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Sebbenn, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

Hello and happy half term to you all.
    I am a long time reader, first time poster; please forgive any etiquette errors!
    I am looking at a post advertised in Qatar. There is no mention of accommodation or family in the package, (I would be going with my wife and youngest who will be sixteen)and the salary seems to be USD 1500 (a month I suppose). This seems very poor compared to others. Perhaps someone could comment, and if anyone knows the school could they give me a heads up?
    Many thanks
    Seb

2. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

And I've spelt Qatar wrong in the title. Sorry!!

3. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

Terrible salary.

4. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

Hey, no half term here but then I am in an American school, in regards to your query that is very poor and I wouldn't touch it. Is this to start this academic year? If not there are so many more schools with better packages coming up or are up already, I know my school has started to advertise.

5. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

Agreed. Stinky salary, even if tax free. I'm hopeful that someone will tell me it's a typo, and that the school in question is wonderful etc etc...

6. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

Hi PuRe,
    Does your school advertise on TES?

7. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Madam (or mad woman) A**f is looking for new recruits for her ever-expanding empire of rotten apples. Sir Isaac would turn in his grave.

cookiemonster611 likes this.
  8. james_1979

james_1979 New commenter

Your content is within my boundaries to say that your heads up is to...... For your family's sake and your love for the profession..... Look for another job. Poor salary generally reflects the establishment you are currently considering.