1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quality Online CPD?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by MsOnline, May 6, 2020.

1. MsOnline

MsOnline Occasional commenter

Hello,

Any recommendations for reputable online training? Eg. Supporting SEN, play therapy, specific curriculum knowledge.

Do you think accreditation is realistic?

I’ve come across Future Learn, TES and a host of others but it seems like everyone is offering free training and just want the quality ones.

Can we name sites here? If not please DM me.

Thank you.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

If it suits the needs of the learner, then it is quality CPD.
    An amazing course that isn't relevant is then not quality CPD.
    An average course that is completely relevant becomes quality CPD.

TheoGriff likes this.
  3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Within all of these platforms there will be great, good and not so good and it can be hard to work out what is for you unless you get personal recommendations.

Is there something specific you're looking for?

MsOnline likes this.
  4. MsOnline

Hi Carriecat,

I was referring to reputable organisations with clout but also courses/ providers that other education professionals would recommend. IOE - no online courses :(

Eg I once saw a great recommendation on here for Play Therapy training - can't find the post.

Anyway I've been reminded of OpenUniv. and a few others. Also never knew that agencies offer training too.

Thanks.

5. MsOnline

To caterpillar - well done.

6. caterpillartobutterfly

Not a sign of quality CPD!

7. MsOnline

God star this time.

It doesn't seem you want to contribute in a helpful way so I'm not sure what you've gained - point proving? There are hundreds of other threads.

Or if you're bored, perhaps try an online course.

:)

Original post disappeared...

8. caterpillartobutterfly

You are extremely rude and dismissive in your responses.

You appear to want CPD that looks good, maybe has 'accreditation' and is from a 'reputable organisation with clout'. These are not ways to assess the quality of CPD.

I am making the point that you will need to think through what you want to learn and choose a course that is relevant to you, if you actually want it to be high quality CPD.

Some of the best CPD can be from a little one eyed place, with no history or reputation, but delivered with expertise and passion on a topic exactly relevant to the learner. But you don't seem to want that.

carriecat10 likes this.