1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quality Early Years Texts

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by emmalouise0705, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I am often on the hunt for quality texts/books for different aspects of the Foundation areas. At the moment, I am looking for books that give a good insight into emergent writing.
    At my school, we have decided to focus on Letters and Sounds, Phase One in Nursery, which means little or no emphasis on letter formation until the children get into Recpetion. I am looking for a book that really gives me an good understanding to the working of emergent reading and writing and evidence that not teaching letters will be truly effective. I know that parents will have a hard time understanding this, and I need to have the information to back up our reasons for doing this. I cant seem to find anything that will fit the bill.
    Also any other excellent 'must have' books that you could share would be fantastic.

2. I am often on the hunt for quality texts/books for different aspects of the Foundation areas. At the moment, I am looking for books that give a good insight into emergent writing.
    At my school, we have decided to focus on Letters and Sounds, Phase One in Nursery, which means little or no emphasis on letter formation until the children get into Recpetion. I am looking for a book that really gives me an good understanding to the working of emergent reading and writing and evidence that not teaching letters will be truly effective. I know that parents will have a hard time understanding this, and I need to have the information to back up our reasons for doing this. I cant seem to find anything that will fit the bill.
    Also any other excellent 'must have' books that you could share would be fantastic.