1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

Qualified PGCE PCET Art teacher in a school, advice on who to contact in my local council for advice

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by jubilee, Apr 5, 2012.

  1. jubilee

    jubilee Star commenter

    The school could have employed you for the past 3 years as an unqualified teacher ont he Unqualified Payscale. They could have pitched your pay at the point on that scale that was just under M1 on the qualified scale and you would have progressed up the Unqualified Scale. Then, when you achieved QTS equivalency, you would move to the M point that paid just above your next point on the Unqualified Scale.
    They could have started you at Pt4 of the Unqualified scale (a few hundred pounds per year less than M1) and you would now be on the top of that scale, pt6 (£25016 p.a in most of England and Wales - higher around London). getting QTS and moving the the qualifed scale would mean starting on the M scale at M3, £25168 (AT LEAST).
    I'd see about getting the post re-assigned as a teaching role on the unqualifed scale now and try to negotiate at least pt4 on that scale.
  2. Thanks, thats great advice. I'll look into it :)

Share This Page