1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qualified in 2011, still no job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think it is.
    I think we've had people on here from 09-011 who still haven't yet achieved that permanent post or still have part of their induction year to complete.

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Me! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

"I think we've had people on here from 09... who still have part of their induction year to complete."
    littlemissraw's reply "Me!"
    And don't think she's the only one.
    So, chin up and keep on.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I didn't open this thread earlier as it didn.t say Dear Theo in the title, and I don't always have time to open everything to reply.

I actually feel quite angry about the way that places have been offered on PGCE and BEd courses at the same time that schools have had their budgets cut.

And as others have said, you are not the only one in this sorry situation.- your friends on your course have done exceptionally well to get jobs.

What you need to do now is to read the advice in the Shortlisting clickables in the Welcome thread. Read the FAQs too. Posters are always telling us that this advice, especially the Executive Summary, helps them get interviews and jobs.

If you are really concerned, then you could consider a personal meeting with me or another member of the TES team. You can e-mail Julia on advice@tes.co.uk to ask more about that and get some comments from others who have done that.

Best wishes

Posted from my Galaxy Tab