1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

qualifications

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by hallie9saxon, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm wondering if any one out there can help me. I'm so confused about which quals are relevant now, e.g are QCF taking over from NVQs? If so what QCF units would take me further than NVQ L3? I'm told that HLTA are being fased out?
    Sorry I'm waffling now....What I really want to know is , I'm NVQ level3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools, where do I go from here? I don't want to be a teacher but I do want to progress in my chosen sphere, Teaching Assistant!
    Anyway, any thoughts, opinions, advice etc gratefully recieved

2. rolls

rolls New commenter

A foundation degree can take you half way to a teaching qualification as well as making you more employable as a TA. You might not want to go on to teach but at least you would have the option.

3. Thanks, maybe I should go that route then. I do really just want to TA but perhaps the Foundation route would be CRED i need to get the position I really would like to work in. Thanks for your opinions

4. Hi, don't know whether or not it would be the same in your area but here in Shropshire there is no longer any new foundation degree courses as it has been changed to a full degree course ba hons teaching, learning and mentoring, and is 4 years part time, but you can exit at foundation stage, but as with everything else theres no funding.