1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by maryglendinning, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi
    I'm on PGCE Primary Distance Learning course, (five terms). I have the opportunity to fast track onto a shorter route and leave early after three or four terms (have a lot of whole class teaching experience). However if I take this route, I will not be eligible for the PGCE qual and will leave with QTS only. Will this affect my chances of gaining suitable employment? Will it affect any future plans to progress within teaching? Any thoughts or experience of this option would be appreciated.

2. Hi
    I'm on PGCE Primary Distance Learning course, (five terms). I have the opportunity to fast track onto a shorter route and leave early after three or four terms (have a lot of whole class teaching experience). However if I take this route, I will not be eligible for the PGCE qual and will leave with QTS only. Will this affect my chances of gaining suitable employment? Will it affect any future plans to progress within teaching? Any thoughts or experience of this option would be appreciated.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Those who follow the GTP route into teaching end up with QTS but not a PGCE. They are not able to get employment as qualified teachers in some countries abroad (New Zealand and possibly Australia I believe amongst others).