1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS with educators abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Stephanietrimble, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Stephanietrimble

Stephanietrimble New commenter

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has completed their QTS through educators abroad and could give me some feedback on it?

TIA

2. ma-1

ma-1 New commenter

Hi Stephanie,

I completed QTS with Bourton and Meadow early this year and then went on to complete NQT with Buckingham learning trust. Have been a teacher (with PGCE from Sunderland) for three years in ME, so needed to endorse my experience.
    Return to the UK for good next week..... a bit expensive but well worth it if you plan to return to the UK.

3. Stephanietrimble

Stephanietrimble New commenter

Thanks for your reply. How did you go about doing it. I'm teaching in Qatar at the moment and the only place I can find to complete my QTS with is educators abroad and I'm unsure as to how reputable they are. Good luck with your move back to the uk

4. february31st

february31st Established commenter

To award QTS they will have to approved/registered with the DfE as a training agency. A simple email to them should allow them to explain the situation to your satisfaction or not.