1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Test

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by ShadowTA, Jan 25, 2016.

1. ShadowTA

ShadowTA New commenter

I want to make the transition from a teaching assistant to a primary school teacher. However, I’m not sure of the best way to prepare for the QTS skills test. Is it advisable to purchase practice papers and resources of Amazon?

Regards,
    Ashley

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Have you a degree Ashley? I just say as the skills test isn't the first hurdle I would be worrying about

Also, not advisable to use your own name on an online forum. Email help desk and get it changed

3. ShadowTA

ShadowTA New commenter

I have a 1st in Film Production Technology.

4. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Interesting degree....

Have you looked into any training providers yet? I know you have to do the skills test before starting, but if you haven't even a conditional place I would clear this hurdle first.

5. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

6. ShadowTA

ShadowTA New commenter

I've contacted a university but I'm not entirely sure on the root I’m going to take. By this I mean, train on the job or enroll on a PGCE course. I’m not sure if it is financially feasible for me to take a year out of work in order to study for a PGCE

7. ShadowTA

ShadowTA New commenter

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there!

THIS will give you the different training options, including ones which mean that you earn as you train. Good luck!

If you have got your own name here as your username, you can e-mail

TES.Community@tesglobal.com

and ask them to change it. You will need to tell them which new username you would like. Check that it's not already in use by starting a new Conversation and starting to type the name in the To box.

Best wishes