1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS standards evidence

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by hana54, Aug 22, 2011.

1. hana54

hana54 New commenter

Hi I wonder if you can help me, as my final year at uni is looming and I am still utterly confused! I have collected evidence for each q standard and put it into a file with dividers. I was told that you have to annotate each piece of evidence saying how this shows you achieved that particular standard. I have a few questions: What sort of thing would you write on the evidence? Would it be just a sentence or a longer piece? And should you write perhaps a longer piece at the beginning of the q standard? Examples would be great!
    Thank you

2. hana54

hana54 New commenter

Hi I wonder if you can help me, as my final year at uni is looming and I am still utterly confused! I have collected evidence for each q standard and put it into a file with dividers. I was told that you have to annotate each piece of evidence saying how this shows you achieved that particular standard. I have a few questions: What sort of thing would you write on the evidence? Would it be just a sentence or a longer piece? And should you write perhaps a longer piece at the beginning of the q standard? Examples would be great!
    Thank you

3. Your best bet is to check with your training provider as each has different expectations. For my GTP we only had to give a brief description (rarely more than a sentence in my case) for each piece of evidence, but if we wanted to include, for example, training handouts or text from books then we had to annotate to show that we had actually read it and not just stuck it in the folder.
    I know of some who had to write extensive descriptions, but equally I know others who had to do no next to nothing in terms of descriptions/annotations.

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

if you are on an undergraduate course then the evidence will consist of written assignments,teaching practice and other miscellaneous sources, seminars, team teaching etc.. Your university course should have been structured to help you to identify which standards are being covered on the course and how. The collation of evidence should be a direct process of tracking and presenting in the required way.