1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Standards evidence folders - please help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by gypsie, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Hi

I have been trying to write a personal statement for AO route. I have been teaching for 5 years so decided this would be the best route for me, however I will also be applying for ITT in case AO does not work out. My PS needs to be fit for both applications. I have looked at PS guides for ITT, but the problem I am having is what do i write as an experienced teacher. I do not want to over do it by writing too much about being a teacher but then again I need to sell myself with my experience. There does not seem to be many people or much around on the AO route. Any help, guide would be immensely appreciated.

2. raash01

raash01 New commenter

Hi deano1 (and any and all successful teacher who completed the QTS through AO route)

I'm typing up my commentaries and want to make sure I'm on the right track. I've basically separated my folders so I have evidence from my base school in two folders, and evidence from my placement school in another two. Both have evidence against each standard, with individual commentaries for each school (I think I'm crazy).

Now that I'm actually writing up my commentaries I'm panicking because I'm not sure how much detail should be in my commentaries! Please help! Any information that you've got from your QTS through AO days would be much appreciated.

My email is raash_01@hotmail.co.uk

Much appreciated.

3. raash01

raash01 New commenter

Hi farhana87,

You might remember writing a PS for UCAS - it's pretty much the same process. Explain why you want to achieve QTS; why you're qualified for the route (probably years of experience and where); and what you hope to achieve through QTS in terms of CPD. You could also insert experiences that demonstrate your ability and skill as a teacher.

Hope that I've helped.

4. Dear JulieSusan,

I realise that your post was some time ago, but would really appreciate help / guidance re evidence & how tp present for Assessment Only route - Thank you, So much, in advance - I want to make sure that I've prepared the best evidence in the best way, and would be very grateful for advice on both!

Best wishes,

Emma.

5. Dear All who can help(!)

I should have added - my email address is emma_jh.fraser@yahoo.co.uk

So grateful for any help you can give!

Emma.

6. Hello

I know it has been some time since you got your QTS through assesment only, but I am supposed to start mine next term, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions in regards to the AO route?

Many thanks.

7. Hi, juliesusan, I've just read your thread. I know you posted this a long time ago. I am about to do my skills test then hopefully start the assessment route to teaching. I have decided to try and start collecting evidence for my portfolio. I would be very grateful of any help with examples of what to include. Many thanks jesiemaloo

kazzie45@ntlworld.com

[​IMG]

8. Hi everyone, I have started my folders of evidence for the assessment only programme and following my first visit from the university they informed me that i am not compiling the evidence correctly. I have until the end of September to complete this to their standard or hey will revoke their offer. After being informed by the university that this is an assessment programme not a training programme and they will not support me, I am banging my head against the wall trying to understand what is expected from the folder. If anyone could help I would be extremely grateful!! My email is pink_princess3004@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

9. arobb

arobb New commenter

I am meeting with university to start on the Assessment only route. Any tips or advice especially about the folder of evidence?

10. Shahina_77

Shahina_77 New commenter

Hi Julie,

Although I realise you're post is quite an old one, I hope you can help me. I am a 1st year student and on beginning placement. Is there any chance you can send me some examples of how you evidence your work. In addition some pupil profiling examples would be great too. I know it is a big ask but I feel I am great in the classroom but struggling with my file. A quick look at a file of someone experienced would be great to give me an idea. I feel the support from tutors is lacking this year, maybe due to Ofsted inspections. Thanking you in advance. shahina.j.patel@hotmail.co.uk

11. D Lynch

D Lynch New commenter

I am about to start an assessment only route. I need to start doing my portfolio before meet with the university. Any advise on how to partition it? my email is barbiebless@hotmail.com

12. abbycanada

abbycanada New commenter

I am about to start an assessment only route. I need to start doing my portfolio, any advise on how to partition it? my email is abbycanada@Hotmail.com. Thanks

13. ClaireM11

ClaireM11 New commenter

Hi, juliesusan, I've just read your thread and aware this was posted a long time ago. I am int he process of completing my QTLS and has to be submitted by the 30/06/2016. I am a little unsure if what I have done so far is adequate enough. I would be very grateful for any help with examples of what to include. Many thanks Claire

my email address is littleoctopus@hotmail.co.uk

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

14. nwad33

nwad33 New commenter

Hi everyone, I'm about to begin my assessment only route. I'm from Jamaica and any help would be much appreciated. If it is possible I would just love to see how you've done your portfolio and what evidence you've included. My email address is camerondawn_h@yahoo.com. Thanks for any help possible.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. miznaz

miznaz New commenter

Hello everyone, I have been training for the past 2 years and now all that remains is the final assessment and review of the standards and evidence. Lots of useful info on comments and how to file the evidence.

Can any help and advise on what happens during the assessment? Any info would be very much appreciated as my assessment takes place in a few weeks time.

Many thanks.

16. Educationalist2

Educationalist2 New commenter

Hello wonderful people!
    Im a teacher from Pakistan and iam starting to do my Assessment only route and wanted tips on passing it. Also, if you have examples for Portfolio of evidence please send it to my email address: Nadreen.khan@gmail.com. THANKYOU !! ^_^

17. Hello everyone. So happy I found this forum! I am also starting my AO and need a bit of help organizing my portafolio. I dont know where to start. Any help is highly appreciated. My email is solecortez@yahoo.com
    Many thanks :)

18. 3455joanne

3455joanne New commenter

hello

I have just got an interview for assessment only route and haven't a clue where to start! Interview is in a couple of weeks. anyone got any tips or anything to share?

19. langsarah1

langsarah1 New commenter

Hi everyone who has completed the AO route or is in the process of completing it.
    I am trying to get my portfolio sorted and wondered if you guys have any valuable information you could share to help me get through this process.
    Many thanks
    Sarah
    langsarah1@aol.com

20. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The assessment only route really should be for very experienced teachers who need to "tick the box" for QTS. It was originally devised for independent school teachers moving to the state sector.Unfortunately it has moved away from this concept and is being used as a means of gaining QTS in many inappropriate circumstances where trainees really do need a proper QTS programme to support them.
    The starting point is to use the teacher standards to locate quality evidence and the key part of this is quality. A outstanding/very good lesson observation can be used in several areas- planning, pupil progress, assessment etc. What is important is how you reflect on the experience and how you present the information to the assessors.
    All providers will have their own paperwork and monitoring processes which you will need to follow carefully.