1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS standard Q24 for QTS file

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by thedancingqueen, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hi. Apart from including the homework which I set children for standard Q24 and the lesson planning to show its relevance, what it followed from and what I followed it up with, what else can I include for evidence please? Will this be enough because it is a couple of pieces of school evidence? I haven't really done anything at university about setting effective homework for the children and I'm not sure which other source of evidence can be included. Please can someone help me asap?

2. Hi. Apart from including the homework which I set children for standard Q24 and the lesson planning to show its relevance, what it followed from and what I followed it up with, what else can I include for evidence please? Will this be enough because it is a couple of pieces of school evidence? I haven't really done anything at university about setting effective homework for the children and I'm not sure which other source of evidence can be included. Please can someone help me asap?

3. Hi there,
    I've recently been assessed against the core standards to gain QTS as I was trained in New Zealand. My evidence file was graded as outstanding and even though you are using the QTS standards I'm happy to help as they do link easily.
    This is what I included for the standard you are working on:
    Maths homework based on weighing household goods (Section 6) An example of task that encourage families tlaking and using resources that are harder to source for a class of 30 ch
    Tudor history research project (Section 6) MLE (Section 14) (This is our managed learning envirnoment where the ch access hyper linked activities I've added. Before we had this I would have put in an example of recommended websites given on paper)
    Lesson observation, Literacy, May 5 (Section 5) Links to homework in feedback Apex draw project – Emma’s example, ICT Lesson observation plan (Section 6) Ch used homework for lesson

I could have also added examples of specific homework given to individuals to met specific targets, e.g. handwriting booklets, bonds to 10 games that weren't suitable for the whole class.

Hope this helps and good luck!

4. What changes did you make to the following lesson(s) as a result of the homework? For example, did you have to address some common misconceptions? Or maybe the homework was a real extension and as they all did so well you could accelerate the next lesson. That's a nice piece of evidence.
    Also, a photocopy from your markbook showing consistency of homework.
    Also, don't forget that Q24 also talks about "out of class learning opportunities" (I'm trying to quote it from memory - so the wording is probably wrong, but I think you know what I mean). Do you have anything which falls into that category?

5. Thanks for the help. I've now finished that standard.