1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Standard 33

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mandiB87, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm on the final stretch of my PGCE, just about to submit my QTS standards file but I seem to be a bit thin on Q33.
    I'm a Drama trainee so we don't have TA's in the room, I wrote my mentor into the plan as a TA in one lesson so I used that as 1 piece of evidence, but I don't want to do that x 3 becuase it doesn't make for good evidence.
    Any suggestions of what others have used?
    Thanks, Mandi

2. Hi,
    I'm on the final stretch of my PGCE, just about to submit my QTS standards file but I seem to be a bit thin on Q33.
    I'm a Drama trainee so we don't have TA's in the room, I wrote my mentor into the plan as a TA in one lesson so I used that as 1 piece of evidence, but I don't want to do that x 3 becuase it doesn't make for good evidence.
    Any suggestions of what others have used?
    Thanks, Mandi

3. Have you had any involvement with form tutors of some of the pupils in your class - perhaps for behaviour issues or simply "chivvying them along"? Ditto for Heads of Year?
    Also, you say you don't have any TAs because of the subject ... but what about statemented pupils who have a dedicated LSA/TA?

4. Thanks for the advice on the pastoral side of things, I might be able to pull something together there :)
    As for my subject, it's just the school I'm in, they don't allocate their TA or LSA to them during Drama, because they deem it a none academic subject, therefore they don't need support - for example I have 1 class with 9 statemented children and 4 EAL learners and the only support I have is from my mentor, so god knows how she copes on her own when she's not got a trainee to use as support lol

5. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Check with your tutor.
    Many take the view that 33 isn't the most critical of the standards and it may well be that what you've done already is acceptable.
    There are other standards that need more focus.