1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Skills Tests

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by LeadLoveLearn, Dec 4, 2017.

1. LeadLoveLearn

LeadLoveLearn New commenter

I have booked my tests for after Christmas and I'm working through a revision guide but i am nervous! I got GCSE A in maths but the fast paced mental maths section is stumping me! I am dyslexic and always struggled with GCSE English, but I am finding the English much easier so it's clearly testing something very different to GCSEs. Any recommendations of videos or books welcome! Thankyou

2. Gsr25

Gsr25 Occasional commenter

There’s a great app where you can practice the test. You get one if each for free

3. Informant

Informant New commenter

Search for 'Tips and tricks Julie Kevill'. I've referred a number of my students to her short video (less than 20 mins I believe). It's free and she's good.

4. bg31rr

bg31rr New commenter

If you are doing your PGCE straight from Uni, then ask your careers dept for help. I accessed free 1-2-1 maths tuition at uni which helped me with the mental maths section.