1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by macimay25, Jun 4, 2017.

1. macimay25

macimay25 New commenter

HELP!!
    After searching the net for hours I'm in real need for some advice! I completed my ITT training and primary education degree in 2006. Back then you didn't need to take the QTS skills tests before being accepted onto the course and they could be taken during the 3 year degree! I passed ICT and Literacy, but failed my numeracy and therefore gained a 2.1 degree without QTS. I fell into what was supposed to be a temp teaching job in a private school straight after completing my degree and I am currently still a teacher there. Can I still take the numeracy skills test 10 years after completing the degree and will I then be awarded with QTS? I have looked into booking the QTS test again, but the info I find tells me I need proof that I am about to take a teacher training course (which I have already completed). Where can I find the details for my past QTS skills tests? Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Any help would be gratefully received

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Probably best to ask the university at which you got your degree.