1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS evidencing standards - Q3a & Q7b

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by judz90, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I am a student teacher, quickly approaching the end of my attachment 3. I will have another attachment in the summer term but am expected to find evidence for all the standards in each placement this year. (3rd and final year of BEd).

Ticking of the standards is mainly ok, but I'm looking for advice on what people have used for evidence for Q3a - being aware of professional duties of teachers and statuatory framework; and Q7b - identify priorities for early professional development.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Hi all,

I am a student teacher, quickly approaching the end of my attachment 3. I will have another attachment in the summer term but am expected to find evidence for all the standards in each placement this year. (3rd and final year of BEd).

Ticking of the standards is mainly ok, but I'm looking for advice on what people have used for evidence for Q3a - being aware of professional duties of teachers and statuatory framework; and Q7b - identify priorities for early professional development.

Thanks for the help!!

3. Not sure about 3a, but for 7b, you should starting to be aware of what you are going to need to develop in your NQT year. For me, it will be behaviour management techniques particularly, and developing my Foundation Subjects teaching, in particularly PE and Art, purely because I have had little opportunity while on placement.
    I think evaluations (or for me it will be done in Weekly Reviews), setting targets for development would be fine.
    JSY x

4. I'm PGCE and just finishing my first placement. My mentor gave me a link to www.teachernet.gov.uk for help with 3a. Look at things like pay and conditions and expectations of the teacher. The other options is just to have a chat with your mentor about this and take notes about what they say. I did both.

5. Do yo have the tda-produced document "Guidance to accompany the Professional Standards for Qualified Teacher Status and Requirements to Initial teacher Training"? It's fun publication that was provided by my Uni. It gives potential sources of evidence for all of the standards, among other things.

6. Caroline_p3

Caroline_p3 New commenter

i was a student teacher last year this is how i produced evidence for both

3a - healthy and safety part of lesson plan, in PE we have a guide book called BAALPE don't know if you have similar? Risk assessments, safety areas you have highlighted in lesson plans

areas for early development - most important bit in their should be your career entry and development profile, do you have a subject knowledge audit? and action plan for development?

7. Hi,
    For 3a, we have been told that the following is acceptable, you may want to run this by your mentor first:
    • Awareness of confidentiality issues (through signed written up discussions with key staff.)
    • Annotation of school policies and The Teacher's Little Pocket Book.
    • Testimonials from mentor / other staff
    • Professional interactions with parents / carers
    • Involvement in staff meetings
    • Consideration of health and safety issues when planning and lessons (show lesson plan.)
    Hope this helps.

8. Thanks for all your help everyone! :)