1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTS Certificate Number for Application Form

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sharkie994, May 2, 2010.

1. Hello
    I have looked on the forum and googled this to look for an answer but I can't find it - on my application form it asks for my GTC Teacher Reference Number (DFES number) which I know but also my QTS certificate number. There are two long numbers on the bottom of the QTS certificate and I do not know which one it is.
    Can anybody help? Thanks.

2. Its two digits then a slash then 5 digits long eg
    21/45678
    Hope that helps.

3. Isn't that my QTS/DFES teaching reference number? I already have that number down on my form but it also asked for my QTS certificate number.I don't know whyit would ask me for the same number twice.

4. Melancholie

Melancholie New commenter

My certificate number is in the bottom right corner of my certificate, written at a 90 degree angle to the rest of the certificate and comprises my surname at qualification, a slash, then 6 numbers.
    Hope that helps!

5. Thank you for your help but it sounds different to what's on my certificate! I have two small printed numbers at the bottom - one says QTA then 7 numbers and the other says QTS then a number, two letters, a number, a slash then 4 numbers.
    I think the first one sounds most likely to be a certificate number so I'll just use that. Thanks for your help.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My DES/DfES etc /QTS numbers are all identical; 2 numbers relating to the year I started training then a slash and then (in my case) 5 numbers eg 18764 indicating I was the eighteenth thousand seven hundred and sixty fourth student that year when my application was processe, so it might be 4/5/6 figs long depending how many students that year.
    Hope that helps.

7. good morning, Am Anord from Tanzania, I would like to know how I can apply for QTS certificate. Please I need your help. Thank you.

8. KKaupa

KKaupa New commenter

Hi Anord,

You'd have to complete your teaching training in England (or EU country, or US, Canada, NZ, Australia) to get to QTS.

Information on English Initial Teacher Training is here: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/

Hope that helps,

Kathryn