1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

QTS Certificate Notorisation

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by 402will402, Jan 13, 2020.

  1. 402will402

    402will402 New commenter


    Do I need to print out my QTS certificate (from NCTL) for notorisation or should I have had one sent to me? In reference to China or Thailand.

    Will I need to notorise my PGCE certificate on top of that? Would the QTS be enough?

  2. february31st

    february31st Established commenter

    You will need both your degree and PGCE processed for China. I notarized / legalized my letter from the DfE informing me I was a Qualified Teacher after completing my Induction year as proof of my QTS.

    It doesn't matter of you print the QTS Certificate yourself as the Notary just stamps the documents as been a true document. The legalization only confirms the signature of the Notary and you kiss goodbye to 75GBP/document.
    dudinkan likes this.
  3. Markpendergast

    Markpendergast New commenter

    It is a painful process to sort out and I learnt the hard way about the expense. In the end I used a work abroad legal who have a former teacher on the staff who explained everything. They saved a lot of aggro and you can pay online plus the price was one of the lowest.

Share This Page