1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nlj2b, Jun 27, 2017.

  1. nlj2b

    nlj2b New commenter

    I'm currently doing my training and will qualify in 2018.

    Does anyone actually know where I can teach? My provider told me it's accepted everywhere. I read a lot of people having issues finding employment within the primary sector.

    Also is it accepted abroad?
  2. blueskydreaming

    blueskydreaming Lead commenter

    What course are you currently doing? And what has the course entailed? Have you carried out placements in primaries?

    Primary jobs are very competitive, so if you have not had placements in primary then you will really struggle, as you'll be lacking the experience and understanding of the curriculum in that phase.

    It's recognised abroad, but you'll need at least 2 years experience in order to get a job abroad at a decent school.
    nlj2b likes this.
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    QTLS plus membership of the Society of Education and Training is a back door into secondary teaching. It is often used to make appointments for subjects such as Law or Social Science taught primarily at sixth form and also I have seen it used for Media and Business Studies. QTLS and the membership allows your qualifications to be recognised as QTS equivalent
    Some do enter primary teaching if their training and experience has been in Early Years.
    The recognition is UK specific and it is left to the individual schools/LA's to decide if it is appropriate for particular posts
    saluki and nlj2b like this.
  4. Teacher-in-Training42

    Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

    depends on who you did your pgce with sometimes...like which uni

Share This Page