1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTLS

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by joannachedges, Oct 29, 2015.

1. joannachedges

joannachedges New commenter

Hi

I am interested in working in schools and am unsure about QTLS. I am aware that it has parity with QTS, however I would like to know whether I can obtain it automatically as qualified with my PGCE in FE in 2005 and have been working in teaching and training since then. I was art of the IFL with my first lecturing role at college in 2008, but that expired years ago. Hope you can answer my question as I can't cant afford. £500 for the Set process (applying online for QTLS).

Thanks

Joanna Leone

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@joannachedges

I see your post has been moved by Admin to a more appropriate forum. :)

4. hermitcrabbe

hermitcrabbe Established commenter

Its been a while and I work in school now but I think you have to bite the bullet and pay for QTLS via professional formation. That is basically a paper trail. Can you get your employer to pay the fees?

Alternatively, you could try QTS via an assessment only route ( takes about three months - another paper trail) but I think thats more expensive.