1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTLS into Early years

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by cheryljb, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi there
    I ahve 18 years experience working in early years and am about to complete my cert ed and gain QTLS. I would love to be able to work in a nursery class. Need to work full time so unable to commit to any full time education, money also tight. I keep looking to find out more information but seem to be getting more and more confused as to my best route
    Thanks
    Cheryl

2. Hi there
    I ahve 18 years experience working in early years and am about to complete my cert ed and gain QTLS. I would love to be able to work in a nursery class. Need to work full time so unable to commit to any full time education, money also tight. I keep looking to find out more information but seem to be getting more and more confused as to my best route
    Thanks
    Cheryl

3. The thing to be aware of is this quote from the DfE announcement: - "They [QTLS holders] will continue to be recognised as qualified school teachers providing they remain a member of the IfL." - As you may know, from this September it is no longer compulsory to be a member of IfL so they will undoubtedly lose many of their existing members.

Remember that IfL are a Private Limited Company and will have to survive without any government support at all after September and if they lose so many members they become an inviable proposition and fold, then so does QTLS, as quoted above.