1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QTLS dilemma with deadline fast approaching

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by thatpoppy8265, Jun 27, 2017.

1. thatpoppy8265

thatpoppy8265 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm two days away from submitting my QTLS workbook and evidence, and my supporter has pulled the plug on supporting my application, citing 'too busy' as the reason why they won't be providing me with my statement of recommendation. This is the second time my supporter has let me get all the way to the deadline and rescinded their support, leading me to believe they're not actually interested in helping me achieve my QTLS (and leaving me out of pocket money and time wise!) It has caused me so much stress, and I feel stupid for believing they'd help me this time around.

I'm due to start a new job shortly and I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing my current 'supporter' for this statement and trying to submit by the June 29th deadline, or whether I should just scrap all of the work this year and approach my new employer regarding a new QTLS application with them.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. blueskiesmev

blueskiesmev New commenter

Hello,

The deadline is very soon, but if I were you I would continue to 'push' your supporter to continue. The supporter has made a commitment and an agreement to do so. If they do not feel they are able to for professional reasons, i.e. they have reservations about you deserving the status then hopefully they would be honest about it and not give an excuse of being 'too busy'. Giving an excuse of being 'too busy' is not really good enough and shows a complete lack of professionalism from your so called supporter.

Good luck with your new job and I hope that your new employer is more supportive of your career progression.