1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qs about cie checkpoint English

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by cuppacoffee, Nov 13, 2011.

1. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee New commenter

I've been offered a job teaching KS3 English (years 8 and 9) at a school abroad which is going to start the cie exams and I I have very little idea of what to expect re resources at the school.
    I've Googled the Checkpoint English books and the blurb for the students' books appears to promise that if you buy the books, you don't need any extra resources. Does this really mean that the course book is enough for students to pass the course and that there's no need to supplement the books with extra texts/novels/plays? Or would I have to make sure the school also has a selection of class sets of novels/plays etc? (If so, does anyone know what's recommended reading for stages 8 and 9 of the cie secondary 1 syllabus?) It's best to find out before going abroad as I won't be able to nip into Waterstones at the weekend!
    Thanks in advance for any help/tips/advice

2. HI,
    See the reply I gave to this question on the English forum.
    PM me if you need any help.