1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

qisp ? what is it

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rhodes1234, Jan 29, 2012.

1. QISP need help Quality improvement support programe ? think thats what is stands for
    would like some help to understand more about qisp.
    (i work in a nursery)

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

You can find the EYQISP guidance here
    http://teachfind.com/national-strategies/early-years-quality-improvement-support-programme?current_search=eyfs%20qisp
    If you are a nursery setting in receipt of Early years Entitlement (used to be NEG), your LA should have in place a system by which they categorise each setting to decide what support they give you. Some LAs use the EYQISP guidance for this, others use ECERS; or devise their own; or have some sort of RAG rating. Whatever the criteria your LA uses, its one way to self evaulate your setting..in our LA many settings use this instead of completing the OFSTED SEF.
    Does that help?

3. Yes thank you great help

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Is this a joke?

5. Definately not! All of the above are used in my LA!

6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Well, it's the acronyms and initials. I honestly wondered if you were pulling our legs. Why don't educational things have names that are short enough to use? And why not 'self-evaluation form'. It's not that long, well, I know the form is absurdly long, but its name isn't. I really don't understand the modern fashion for giving things names that are really descriptions and then feeling the need to call all these things by their initials because the overly descriptive names are unmanageable.You then end up witrh things like 'qisp' which can't be pronounced and look ridiculous.

7. you just reminded me..... once I was texting a colleague abut the EYFSP of a child with EAL and ASD as the ST was coming in to assess for SLT ...........then I realised I sounded like an ***!!!! :)

8. hehehe i only wrote i*diot before anyone thinks i wrote something awful!