1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QCA Schemes of Work

Discussion in 'Primary' started by want2teach40, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Anyone know where they've gone!
    [​IMG]

2. Anyone know where they've gone!
    [​IMG]

3. It would appear the site is down. But not as if it is just not working, but that the site has been deleted?
    Bit odd though...
    JSY x

4. I called the QCDA helpline yesterday to find out where the QCA standards site had gone - apparently the QCA is no more, and therefore the site has been taken down. Does anybody know another site where they are published? Seems an incredible waste of a great resource...

5. forestje

forestje New commenter

Have a look at the Primary Teacher Resource Centre Primary forum. I found the archive link for what I wanted.

6. I wondered why I couldn't get on there yesterday! I know they're not amazing, but the qca schemes of work were often good just to get a starting point for ideas, especially when its a subject I don't know much about. Grrrr. Thanks for the link singup.

7. Many thanks, was wondering the same thing!
    Have bookmarked it, till they take that site down as well...

8. singup you are my god!!! major panic over, thank you xx

9. I have spent three days - whilst schhol closed for snow searching for QCA stuff!! Including shouting at poor woman from the DFE - how can they just move stuff - Big Brother or what! I haven't tried this link yet - Here's hoping!

10. Yes it does work!!
    A big thank you also to the person who posted the link

11. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Have just followed the link from above and found the page, however when I tried to open any of the actual units got - The Webite cannot be found - message!! Agree they're not fantastic but they're a really helpful starting point when you are new to a year group!
    Anyone found another way th access them?
    Thanks

12. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Just discovered if you google 'qca schemes of work national archives' you can get them.

13. QCA Schemes of Work R.I.P.
    You were great ten years ago but now times have moved on. Anyone who thinks they are still great needs to shake up their teaching. Advances in learning theory, cross-curricular approaches, ICT and the Internet, and Assessment for Learning has made them look very dated. Go to the Hamilton Trust instead and cough up a few quid, or any one of a number of much better sites for decent schemes of work.
    Michael Gove may be a complete ***, but allowing the QCA Schemes die is the one good thing he's done (not that he'd actually know what they were).

14. The one thing I don't agree with in the above is that "times have moved on". Actually I think it is a rebalancing, and times have moved back a bit, in a pendulum swinging fashion: the learning theory, the cross-curricular, the assessment for learning (formative assessment) were all there, the ICT and Internet are new. Quite a few developments are not that "new" for those who were teaching pre-NC, they could have naturally emerged back in 1990.
    The QCA was part of a political interpretation of the curriculum, imposed upon the profession, which has not stood the test of time.
    I do agree that they can still be a background resource to help someone with background reading and knowledge.

15. only history from national archive I think

16. QCA not great for most things - but as all good teachers do we use the best bits from lots of different places.
    Plus if you teach four year groups in a small school Hamilton bit pricey!!

Just dont like the way decision has beem made by political big brother!

Plus link not working now!!

17. I liked the RE ones.

18. forestje

forestje New commenter

I liked the History ones.

19. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Brilliant! The QCA schemes are bad yet Hamilton Trust, of all things, is good?!