1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

QCA English testing - KS2 help!

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by rta, May 6, 2012.

1. rta

rta

Hello there - I have been trawling the internet for a couple of hours about this to no avail! Wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the Y3-5 QCA tests now that the Y6 English SATS format will be changing next year?
    As I understand it the QCA has been dissolved... but I can't figure out what there will be instead. I work overseas and we use the QCAs as our end of year summative asessment, and am just trying to be ready for next year.
    Many thanks, for any info!

2. I know NFER are trialling new tests that will probably replace current QCA tests as most up to date for year 3 to 5. Remember QCA tests are not statutory. The NC level descriptors wont change, a level 3 is still a level 3, but you might expect the focus to be more on the grammatical aspects of the NC programmes of study.

3. The gov't haven't officially decided what their doing with the year 6 ones yet. We only get a peek at the new writing bits in December! They have no idea what they're doing with year 3-5 yet. They're making it up as they go along. tra la la la la la la la

ps/ we're doing the trial level 6 nfers in june