1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatari Visa Requirements

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mykrice, Jun 2, 2020.

1. sunnynsmiley

sunnynsmiley New commenter

It all depends on the school. At my school I know that accommodation has been sorted for all new staff and the expectation is for them to be here. Remember there are options as the new school year only begins at the beginning of September so some schools may bring teachers in then to avoid quarantine. Until they arrive it will be online learning.

mykrice likes this.
  2. attestationontime

attestationontime New commenter

3. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

You will be fine to enter after 15th September. Just wait for approval and book quarantine.

4. deadly lampshade

deadly lampshade New commenter

So we have made it to July! As far as I can see, the majority of Qatar based teachers have decided to "vacation" in Qatar this summer. Some have been persuaded to do so by the management of their schools, others have made their decision based on their knowledge/lack of knowledge about the upcoming quarantine period.
    Those teachers who have left may or may not regret their decision at a later date? Uncertainty reigns.
    For certain, the path for incoming newbies will be rockier than usual. And later than usual. Unless it all changes, which is always possible!

5. dash201

dash201 New commenter

This is the exact case at our school. It is the not knowing. A lot of people were unsure but did leave. A lot will depend on whether Qatar allow the UK back in. Also, of course, the uncertainty of whether new staff can enter. Or if students will return on 1st September. Many have remained but what can we do? As you say, uncertainty really does reign here.